Vaping is a growing industry with frequent innovations and improvements. If you are an old vaper or new to vaping, it’s always good to be up to date about different types of vapes as they are available in various styles and applications.
The vaping world can be confusing sometimes. You would have heard of pod kits and mod vapes but are not sure the difference between them. Don’t let this worry you as this article will help you distinguish between them. And can help you decide which is more suitable for you.
As they are two different types of vapes, they have diverse looks and multiple vaping styles. Pods, for example, are small, very fit, and are usually easy to use. On the other hand, Mod vapes are designed to produce extra vapor and flavor.
The significant difference between pods and mods will be reduced mainly by a few factors – size, power, affordability, and e-liquid. However, what are pods and mods anyway?
The pods have emerged as one of the major players. Pure, stylish, thin, and dense, the pods are perfect for those who want a comfortable and discreet vape.
In addition, they are much stronger than a regular e-cig or vape pen and have less suffering than a mod, and the pods use the same type of sub-ohm technology as a mod to create steam, albeit with less power and temperature.
Pods are not designed for cloud chasers as they are not for cloud production. If you want a less expensive vape device, vape pods are the best option. Back in the day, the pod vape was less effective. The taste was terrible, and their vaping performance was not good. However, pod vapes have changed, and these days many active pod vapes can produce the excellent taste and battery life.
Pod Kit is divided into two different types:
- Disposable Prefilled Pods
- Refillable Pods
Refillable pods are challenging and require extra effort to add e-liquid to the pod. However, In most cases, the refillable pods are less expensive because you are just throwing away the refillable pods and not the whole device.
Disposable pods come with no hassle for charging, changing or filling the pods. It is quick and simple but you will need to throw away the whole closed pods or device after the juices are finished.
In general, both options are cheaper and easier to use than vape mods because, with mods, you have to maintain your tank and device which requires more advance understanding of how the machine operates.
- Very comfortable – Pod mods are suitable for easy vaping because they are much smaller and lighter than vape mods. In addition, this option will easily fit into your pocket or purse, so you can go wherever you want to go.
- Discrete – The small size and easy-to-use vaping can make you discrete. People around you may not notice that you are spraying. If you do not want to pay attention to the fact that you are vaping, you should use the pod systems.
- Automatic Drawing – There is no need to worry about pressing any buttons on devices.
- Less expensive – If you try to stick to a budget and not too expensive, pod mods will probably be the way to go.
- Easy to use – Pod programs are ideal for those new to the concept and those who want to get familiar with it quickly.
- Low battery life – The battery in the pod system will need to be charged regularly.
- Minor Customization – Many pod mods are simple, and you only see what you get. There are a few opportunities to adjust the feel of vaping with your particular style.
Mods or Mod Boxes, as the name suggests, are adjustable (mod) devices, such as a box, that uses sub-ohm technology to give vapers extra power.
They allow vapers to amend vaporizer moving parts such as coils so you can change the power and temperature of your vaporizer, which can also help improve the taste and cloud size of the vapor. Vapers who like more flavor and clouds benefit from it.
- Additional cloud production- Mods are compatible with liquid glycerin, producing incredibly compact vapor and unique vape clouds. This option is the way to go if you want a full cloud with great visual information.
- More customizations – Mods allow you to add multi-colored panels and patterns that will help you make it your own. They allow you to regulate their voltage and power. You can even build, add or remove your coil and easily switch the tank. These changes will allow you to adjust your mod to fit your vaping style perfectly.
- Better battery life – Mods have more battery life and require less frequent charging than pods.
- Slightly portable – Compared to pods, mods are much larger, making them less portable for use when on the go.
- No Automatic Shooting – To take a puff, you must press the shoot button. This additional step is not a significant disruption; however, if you want a smoother vape experience, as simple as possible, you may want to go with pod mods.
- Hard to use –They are hard to use, and first, you need a learning curve to gain whole experience.
- It uses more e-liquid – Mods use a lot of e-liquid in the vaping process, which may seem more expensive over time.
- Very expensive – Mods are not very expensive. However, they are more costly than pod mods, especially as one of the advantages of mods is that they allow more customization, which can be expensive.
So, Which Is The Right One To Use?
A mod is better than a pod as it provides more flexibility and flavor, but it all comes down to your personal preference. However, before choosing the type of vape, you need to ask yourself a few questions.
- How much energy do you need?
- What shape and size do you prefer?
- What is your price limit?
- Do you want a customized vape?
If you want a high-powered vape with better technology and more watts, then mods are a better option for you. But if you are more into the way a vape looks, pods are a better choice as pods are sleeker and slimmer and can quickly come in a purse with no leakage, while mods are massive and bulkier.
Vaping may be economical than smoking, but different vapes have separate price tags. You can choose the more economical one for daily use if you have a budget. However, if you are going for an expensive vape, it gives you the power to customize with flavor and clouds.